Wednesday 27 June 2012

Real Sadam Talks On How Baks150 Made 40K From His "Blacktape" Mixtape


Caught up with the Money Gang member, Real Sadam this week after selling the 204th copy of Baks150’s Blacktape Mixtape,Sadam  just broke it down on how long it took them to sale the copies and why Baks gave out his previous mixtape “Disses & Kisses 2[Diss-Missed]” for free.
“Let me first start by sending a big shout out to all this suckers that left me standing with the orders and the niggaz that told my nigga Baks that He will play his mixtapes by himself. Blacktape was Baks’ sixth studio mixtape but at the same time it was his first sold mixtape.This was the first tape that He actually sold on the streets and hoods. This was just an idea from me.I hit him up and told him that it was high time we started getting paid coz we wasn’t getting non.Nigga we was broke as fuck,I tell you broke.
 The first week we almost sold 50 copies. This was disappointing coz we really had it hyped all over, thanks to all my people but we still dint give up. We printed 500 copies,sold 204 and gave out 296 for free.Each tape was 200 bob so if you do the maths,we got Kshs 40,800 from one mixtape.This was just amazing, we got paid, paid bills, had fun, came up with the Money Gang  Gears with this tape money. Baks went back to the studio, did three more tapes, gave his previous tape for free coz we had already made more than what we had even expected and that’s why we just gave out free music and still are doing that. Plus we had some people that couldn’t buy the tape due to financial problems so we just let them have fun on our own budget. If we really dint get this money I assure you, Baks couldn’t even get back to the studio to get his 13th tape ready.
One thing I learnt is that this rap money comes in slow and once it starts flowing in, it comes and comes until you can’t get enough of it. All you artist that haven’t yet started earning, time will come. I saw my nigga Baks go broke paying studios and getting nothing back but stupid songs that even himself dint play but look at him now, Nigga got Money Gang Cloth line and yet to blow up.We even got a manager right now, shit we never even imagined and she a ride or die Money Gang fan too. I got to tell you all to watch out for that Twenty Two Mixtape. It’s going to be hard. Thats all I can say.”
As we wait for the new mixtape we can listen and download some leaks from it at

No comments:

Post a Comment